Moody’s has been deployed in the Nigerian market for some considerable time. Therefore, we have a vast understanding on how to adapt global best practices to the Nigerian market and sub-Saharan Africa. In addition, Moody’s has proven its commitment to the market by successfully operating in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and other Sub- Saharan Countries.
The solution adequately covers credit & market risk calculations. The Enterprise Risk engine feeds into the Capital Adequacy calculation that will be used for both regulatory reporting and internal capital adequacy assessment process reporting. Moody’s Analytics is a solution for Banks and Financial Institutions.
Moody’s offer the following benefits:
- Enable the bank to better manage overall risk profile by gaining a single view of risk, with one consistent view of the bank’s risk data
- Provide a ready specified data schema to map the bank source data into. The data schema already has the instruments, collateral types and asset classes pre -installed in the system to reflect a bank environment and give a head start to easily recreating that risk environment within our databases.
- Reliability and scalability of the proposed solution, with a common unified infrastructure. Risk Analyst is integrated via a dedicated data bridge.
- Flexible and modular to enable the integration and implementation tailored to a bank needs, to assist the phasing of implementation.
- Enable the calculation of advanced risk metrics.
- Creation and maintenance of the Nigerian Basel II National Discretions (calculation data sets and report formats) as required by the CBN we will maintain these within the system. We can also cover other jurisdictions where a bank is required to report as each country has its own rules.